Job location: Sana’a, Yemen
Starting date: As soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 30th October 2020
Duration position: 1 year
Working hours: Fulltime (40 hours)
We are here for people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
WASH Coordinator in Yemen
ZOA’s Programme in Yemen
In May 2012, ZOA decided to respond to the developing humanitarian crisis in Yemen, which started initially as an emergency response, but was extended given the continued severe situation. The main focus of the programme is to support conflict affected communities with primary focus on their WASH, Food Security and livelihoods needs. Target areas are Sanaa, Hajjah, Al Mahwit, and several governorates in the South of the country as program areas.
The WASH Coordinator provides technical guidance in supporting ZOA Yemen’s strategic leadership, for relevant programming in relief and recovery contexts across Yemen. We are looking for a person to join us for an exciting 1 year assignment who enjoys equipping others and working with local counterparts. This role has a strong focus on strengthening ZOA’s evidence based integrated WASH programming and ensuring that the WASH intervention is in line with ZOA international and humanitarian global standards. In addition, this role also provides technical support to the Area programme (AP) projects implementation process, capacity building of Area programme (AP) teams on implementing technically sound programmes to deliver the necessary outcomes.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Strengthen Evidence Based Programming and quality programming
- Further develop ZOA Yemen WASH strategy (based on a holistic approach including soft and hard components) in compliance with global standards and ensure implementation of it;
- Coordinate the implementation of the ZOA WASH strategy, program logic (Theory of Change), models and best practices to all field staff and ensure that program and project designs are aligned to it;
- Contribute towards guidelines and manuals including behavior change communication, hygiene promotion, WASH assessments, participatory WASH activities, among others;
- Provide training to staff, local counterparts and government actors on various WASH thematic areas and providing regular coaching to the WASH teams;
- Monitor programme and project quality at outcome and impact levels, facilitate evidence-based organizational learning processes and promote innovation for continuous improvement in programming.
Oversee WASH project implementation
- Provide support to the program managers in ensuring timely and quality implementation of WASH projects in the various ZOA program areas in Yemen;
- Ensure donor and internal compliance of all WASH activities. Support WASH teams in procurement in collaboration with the logistics departments;
- Develop annual, quarterly and project implementation plans, ensure timely and accurate donor and internal reports and coordinate implementation;
- Support the WASH teams in technical design and development of BoQ;
- Collect lessons learnt and success stories.
- Collects sector specific data and background information for proposal development across strategic governorates and districts as well as national level;
- Provide technical and financial input for proposal development collaborating with the program quality department and ensuring compliance to donor requirements and international standards;
- Lead and design WASH technical assessments and multisectoral assessments in coordination with other sector coordinators and, whenrelevant, external sector agencies.
- Represent ZOA at relevant meetings including the WASH cluster, interagency meetings, government counterparts, donors and other relevant stakeholders;
- Actively promote the ZOA Way of working and help establish ZOA as the go-to organization in WASH programming in emergencies and recovery.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- University degree (Masters) in technical field, preferably WASH-related or civil engineering;
- Minimal 3 years WASH field experience, preferably in MENA-region;
- Fluent in English, preferably Arabic;
- Demonstrated knowledge of integrated WASH programming.
- Ability to identify and plan work strategically and to work to deadlines;
- Ability to develop and conduct tailor made trainings;
- Well-developed communication skills to maintain internal and external contacts at different levels, such as government, other (i)NGOs and in the Cluster;
- Community involvement for sustainability of WASH interventions;
- Tendering procedures for civil works;
- Design and implementation of urban wash interventions, like construction or rehabilitation of piped networks, sewage systems etc;
- Design and implementation of solar water supply systems;
- WASH data management and visualization with Power BI, QLIK.
- This is not a family or accompanied post;
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for this post;
- Field visits only upon permission of the country director.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, and a motivated team in the programme country, and good benefits and remuneration which suit the NGO sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Sandra Vogd, HR advisor, email email@example.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the button below.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.Apply now!