Job location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Starting date: As soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 4th March 2020
Duration position: 2 years
Workhours: Fulltime (40 hours)
We are here for our neighbours in need, who are suffering in this broken world.
We are here for people who have lost everything due to wars or natural disasters. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies. After that, we are faithful and help them rebuild their lives – until they are ready to help themselves again.
The international work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. ZOA is active in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Programme Manager in Afghanistan
ZOA’s Programme in Afghanistan
ZOA has been working in Afghanistan since 2000. The crisis in Afghanistan is now affecting every province in the country with shock-affected households facing multiple humanitarian needs simultaneously. Ongoing insecurity limits access to some of the project locations and makes it difficult to reach the affected population. ZOA is currently active in WASH, Shelter, Food Security and Livelihood programming with strong cash components in Kabul, Nangarhar, Nuristan, Faryap, Uruzgan, Sar-e-Pul and Jawzjan provinces.
The Programme Manager (PGM) is responsible for the development and realisation of project and programmatic goals for the programme in Afghanistan within the organisational setting determined by internal and external preconditions in Afghanistan.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Leadership and management
- Overall management responsibility for programme organization with several project teams;
- Member of country management team;
- Gender and conflict sensitive approach to team management and project activities under her/his responsibility;
- Capacity building and supervision of implementing partners.
- Development of program strategy and plans for the respective programme areas, with annual review of needs for changes, based on ongoing context analysis and results of annual programme review;
- Overall responsibility for Project Cycle management for a number of projects including needs assessments, baseline- and end line surveys;
- Reporting – monthly and quarterly activity and financial reporting, including realization of activities versus budget utilisation; providing input to narrative and financial donor reporting.
- Contribution to the acquisitions of donor funding;
- Development and formulation of concept notes, donor proposals and budgets.
- Budget owner for projects implemented in programme areas;
- Human Resource Management (at individual- and team level) for programme staff;
- Implementation and monitoring of financial, personnel and security policies and procedures.
- Ensures the design and maintenance of an effective security management system at programme level, in compliance with ZOA’s over-all security policy and procedures.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- Bachelor or Master degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- Three to five years field experience in a development country;
- Experience in a conflict context;
- Familiar with Project Cycle Management;
- Management experience;
- Command of operations;
- Analytical & writing skills.
- Good spoken and written command of English.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines.
- Duty station will be Kabul with frequent travel to the project locations;
- This is not a family or accompanied post;
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for this post.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, and a motivated team in de programme country, and good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Sandra Vogd, HR Advisor, email email@example.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly through: https://www.zoa-international.com/vacancy. CV’s of no more than 4 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in in your CV. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.Apply now!