Job location: Yangon, Myanmar
Starting date: 1st July 2019
Vacancy closing date: 26th May 2019
Duration position: 3 years and possibility to renew
Workhours: Full time
Position type: Open for international and national candidates.
ZOA is an international NGO, which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn ZOA operates in sixteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
In Myanmar ZOA is registered as Consortium of Dutch NGOs (CDN). CDN-ZOA works with disaster and conflict affected people to improve their livelihoods and food security, their sanitation and hygiene situation and their access to clean water. CDN-ZOA also promotes peaceful solution for conflicts and supports the people to be prepared for disasters.
ZOA is looking for a
Manager of Programme Quality
This is an exciting opportunity to oversee a technical unit to provide high quality technical advice and monitoring systems to ensure projects are implemented according to targeted outputs, outcomes, and are in line with standards, cluster guidelines and best practices (e.g. SPHERE). You will focus on enhancing the technical quality of projects, promoting cross cutting issues, such as Gender, and beneficiary accountability through the Core Humanitarian Standards. You will manage an expanding team that includes technical sectors (WASH and Food Security/Livelihoods), MEAL, and proposal and report writing support functions. You will provide capacity development to CDN-ZOA staff in East Bago, Kayin, Shan and Rakhine States in Myanmar. You will coordinate with external stakeholders, including institutional donors. You will explore new funding and project opportunities in the sector.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Provides senior leadership through the Country Management Team (CMT) for CDN/ZOA in Myanmar;
- Advises and supports the Programme Managers on the development of strategic multi-year Programme Plans for each programme area in Myanmar;
- Contributes to the Country Strategy and Annual Plan (CSAP), with a specific responsibility for the quality and consistency of programme planning;
- Provides technical advice and drafting support in the development of project proposals;
- Develops, implements and maintains MEAL systems and tools;
- Documents and disseminates key lessons learned;
- Develops systems and tools, training and monitors the implementation of beneficiary accountability mechanisms (e.g. Core Humanitarian Standards);
- Promotes innovation in programme design and execution;
- Promotes excellence in technical quality in different sectors (e.g. SPHERE);
- Contributes to local partner capacity building in programme related areas;
- Ensures gender and conflict sensitivity in project design and implementation;
- Supports high quality reporting and the promotion of digital data collection (e.g. KOBO toolbox);
- Monitors the quality of internal and external reporting against internal and external standards;
- Manages project evaluations at the mid and end of the project cycle.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA.
- Graduate level education, preferably masters level.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in institutional project execution;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in M&E systems and proposal writing;
- Institutional donor proposal requirements;
- Monitoring, project evaluation and needs assessment methodologies;
- Data management and analysis.
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Proposal writing;
- Data analysis;
- Development of people of different cultural background.
- Passion to serve the poor;
- Developing others to realise their potential;
- Integrity, honesty, transparency.
- CDN-ZOA will contribute up to 600 EUR per month towards the cost of accommodation.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in de programme country, and good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector. The basic net salary for this position is between € 2300 – 2900 Euro net per month (depending on your work experience and education). All taxes on the mentioned salary are for the cost of ZOA. Other benefits also include, but are not limited to, pension coverage, insurance coverage, home leave tickets, housing allowance, leave days, and training possibilities.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Charity van Bemmel, HR Specialist Talent Developement, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the butten below.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated. Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.Apply now!