Job location: Colombia, Riohacha
Starting date: as soon as possible
Closing date vacancy: 12th of April 2020
Workhours: full time, 40 hours
We are here for our neighbours in need, who are suffering in this broken world.
We are here for people who have lost everything due to wars or natural disasters. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies. After that, we are faithful and help them rebuild their lives – until they are ready to help themselves again.
The international work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. ZOA is active in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Manager of Operations in Colombia
ZOA’s Programme in Colombia
In May 2019, ZOA started its operations in Colombia to respond to the needs of the many Venezuelans that have fled into Colombia.
ZOA will provide water storage capacity for households so they can buy larger quantities of water, reducing their costs. In addition household filters will be distributed to ensure the water is suitable for consumption. ZOA will provide latrine materials and guidance so people can construct a latrine with their shelter. This will reduce risks for women, who no longer have to walk to the bush and provide dignity for them. Hygiene promotion will to reduce the risk of waterborne diseases. Besides that, ZOA is currently doing assessments to better understand the household economics and how best to support the Venezuelans in their food and other basic needs. Most likely ZOA will provide cash or food vouchers in combination with livelihoods support to ensure a more sustainable income.
The Manager of Operations is responsible for effective and efficient in country management and control of all operational processes in the country organization. This includes Finances, HR, Logistics, Administration, and IT.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Contributing to the Country Strategic and annual Plan;
- In-country organization of monthly and quarterly financial management information at country organisation and at Programme Organisation level;
- Preparation of country annual accounts;
- Monitoring finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Preparing and processing the allocation of indirect costs to project budgets;
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports at country organisation and program organisation level
- Managing financial audits and responding to audit reports.
- Responsible for all in-country logistics (such as stock- and asset management);
- Development and implementation of logistical policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework;
- Implementation of IT policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework.
- Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Advising and supporting the Country Representative and Program Managers in the development of HR components of funding proposals;
- Supervising staff recruitment processes;
- Supervision of annual and mid-year staff evaluations.
- Supporting the Country Representative in compliance and revision to the security rules and instructions as described in the ZOA security handbook and the local security plan
- Supporting the Country Representative in taking on other security responsibilities as requested by the Country Representative (interagency networking, following up on security incident reports).
Leadership and management
- The Manager of Operations is a member of the Country Management Team and the Local Crisis Team.
- The Manager of Operations provides leadership to staff reporting to the Manager of Operations.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- Bachelor degree in financial management; business administration; HR; or logistics. Master’s degree preferred;
- 5-7 years’ experience
- Response in a similar role in an NGO;
- Fluent in Spanish; Command of English is essential.
Skills and attitude
- Result-oriented approach,
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
- Knows how to prioritize ;
- Flexible conduct;
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Effective and appropriate communication.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mr. Mike Boomer, Country Representative ZOA Colombia, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
ZOA will prioritize Colombian nationals for this position. Strong international candidates may be considered.
If you are interested in this position:
- please apply directly via the button below (ZOA website)
- please apply to email@example.com with the subject line Re: Support Manager – Colombia (ReliefWeb)
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.Apply now!