Job location: Sana’a, Yemen
Starting date: 1st of November 2019
Vacancy closing date: 31st of May 2019
Duration position: 3 years
Workhours: Fulltime (40 hours)
ZOA is a Christian international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The international work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. ZOA is active in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Country Director Yemen
In May 2012, ZOA decided to respond to the developing humanitarian crisis in Yemen, which started initially as an emergency response, but was extended given the continued severe situation. The main focus of the programme is to support conflict affected communities in their WASH, Food Security, livelihoods, Health, Nutrition, and NFI needs. Target areas are Hajjah, Hodeidah, al Mahwit, Sana’a, Aden, Lahj, and Shabwah governorates.
ZOA works alongside local partners. Creating and strengthening of local capacity is an important element of the programme.
The Country Director is responsible for the programmes and activities of ZOA in Yemen within the framework of ZOA’s Policy- and Business Plan and agreed Country Annual Plan.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- The Country Director is the legal representative of ZOA in Yemen;
- Overall Leadership and Management of the ZOA organisation in Yemen;
- Formulation and implementation of the Country Annual Plan;
- Programme formulation, development, implementation, and supervision;
- Project Cycle Management, including formulation, budgeting, integration with programme planning, proposal writing, fundraising, monitoring, and reporting;
- Overall responsible for the financial position;
- Human Resource Management for all staff;
- Maintaining relationships with all relevant actors in the country;
- Supervision and control of the administrative and financial organisation;
- Participate in organisation wide programme and knowledge development;
- Security planning & management responsibilities.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- University graduate;
- At least five years of cross cultural experience;
- At least five years of relevant management experience in an international setting;
- Good spoken and written command of English, knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Vision and strategic thinking;
- Decision making ability;
- Command of operations and finance;
- Conceptual and writing skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Organisational sensitivity;
- Participative leadership;
- Staff development.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment.
- Regular field visits/work and travels are required;
- This location is a non-family duty station;
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for these post.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in de programme country, and good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector. The net salary for this position is approximately € 3300.- net per month (depending on your work experience and education). On top of the montly net salary the Country Director Yemen will receive a market fee of €500.- net per month. All taxes on the mentioned salary are for the cost of ZOA. Other benefits also include, but are not limited to, pension coverage, insurance coverage, home leave tickets, housing allowance, leave days, and training possibilities.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mr. Wil Omlo, HR Director, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the button below.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.