Job location: Damascus, Syria
Starting date: As soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 20th January 2020
Duration position: 3 years
Workhours: Fulltime (40 hours)
We are here for our neighbours in need, who are suffering in this broken world.
We are here for people who have lost everything due to wars or natural disasters. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies. After that, we are faithful and help them rebuild their lives – until they are ready to help themselves again.
The international work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. ZOA is active in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Country Director Syria
ZOA’s programme in Syria
The humanitarian needs in Syria are staggering with 11.9 million people in need of humanitarian assistance and 6.2 million internally displaced people. ZOA has provided emergency relief to Syrians in Syria and neighbouring countries since 2014. In 2018, ZOA became registered to operate from Damascus. ZOA works alongside local partners in Syria to implement our projects and we are also strengthening our capacity to implement projects directly. Creating and strengthening of local capacity is an important element of the programme. We aim to expand our activities in livelihoods, primary education, and emergency relief.
The Country Director is responsible for the programmes and activities of ZOA in Syria within the framework of ZOA’s Policy- and Business Plan and agreed Country Annual Plan.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- The Country Director is the legal representative of ZOA in Syria;
- Overall Leadership and Management of the ZOA organisation in Syria;
- Formulation and implementation of the Country Annual Plan;
- Programme formulation, development, implementation, and supervision;
- Project Cycle Management, including formulation, budgeting, integration with programme planning, proposal writing, fundraising, monitoring, and reporting;
- Overall responsible for the financial position;
- Human Resource Management for all staff;
- Maintaining relationships with all relevant actors in the country;
- Supervision and control of the administrative and financial organisation;
- Participate in organisation wide programme and knowledge development;
- Security planning & management responsibilities.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- University graduate;
- At least five years of cross cultural experience;
- At least five years of relevant management experience in an international setting;
- Good spoken and written command of English, knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Vision and strategic thinking;
- Decision making ability;
- Command of operations and finance;
- Conceptual and writing skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Organisational sensitivity;
- Participative leadership;
- Staff development.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment.
- Regular field visits/work and travels are required;
- This is not a family or accompanied post;
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for these post.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in the country programme and good benefits and remuneration that suits the charities sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mr. Wil Omlo, HR Director, email email@example.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the button below.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.Apply now!