Job location: Juba, South Sudan
Starting date: As soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: January 31, 2021
Duration position: 3 years
Working hours: Full-time
We are here for our neighbours in need, who are suffering in this broken world.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
Controller in South Sudan
ZOA’s programme in South Sudan
ZOA has worked in South Sudan since 1998 and is active in the sectors Food Security and Livelihoods, Wash and Peace Building with a mix of early-recovery programming where possible and humanitarian programming where necessary. ZOA – South Sudan has offices in two States (Central Equatoria and Jonglei) and employs 40 national staff members. Its present implementation portfolio is around Euro 2.8 million per annum. One third of its work is implemented via long-term partners. The political context in South Sudan remains fragile, despite encouraging progress with the implementation of a Peace Agreement. This is an extra motivation for the team to fulfill its mission for vulnerable people in a nation that is recovering from the impact of a civil war.
The Controller improves and upholds the quality of financial and administrative management including finance compliance within ZOA South Sudan. Tasks are concentrated on ongoing country budget planning (including project budgeting), proper costs allocation, timely financial reporting, compliance, quarterly closing and reporting.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- in the development of and support the strategic plans in ZOA South Sudan
- Monitor the financial performance of ZOA SSD, including finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations
- Accountable for a timely monthly, quarterly & annual closure
- Prepare the Country Annual Plan (CAP) budget and the corresponding financial sections
- Accountable for the allocation of indirect costs to project budgets using a consistent cost allocation method
- Keep the overview of budget availability for personnel and indirect costs
- Accountable for regular provision of project budget versus actuals overviews
- Responsible for the development of budgets of donor proposals in close cooperation with colleagues
- Contribute to financial audits and responds to potential findings in audit reports
- Maintaining country administrative manual (finance, HR, procurement)
- Assist ZOA’s Finance department with partner management
- Ensure and supervise an ongoing, accurate digital data filing (archive) system for all payment vouchers and supporting documents as well as for other relevant documentation in the program finance office
- Ensure an up-to-date record of Program Assets and Inventory and Vehicle documents
- Supervises the Head of Finance
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision, mission and Christian values of ZOA
Knowledge & Skills
- Preferably a Master in Business Economics or Accounting (Bachelor acceptable)
- 5 years working experience in a similar position with an INGO or a non-profit institution
- Knowledge of rules & regulations of institutional donors like EU, UN donors & Dutch MFA
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft and ERP (preferable Unit4)
- Full proficiency in English
- Supervisory, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Result-oriented approach and knows how to prioritize
- Analytical, accuracy and flexible conduct
- Customer-friendly attitude
- The Controller is member of the Management Team in South Sudan
- South Sudan is a non-family duty station
- R&R regulations apply
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Charity van Bemmel email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website via the button below.
CVs of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.Apply now!