ZOA, as the lead of a consortium with IMC, NRC and Plan International Ethiopia is looking for an experienced consultant to perform the external end-evaluation of the Addressing Root Causes project in Ethiopia! The programme intends to create conditions and opportunities for Ethiopian youth and migrants who intend to migrate or are on route to generate their own livelihoods and to settle down. The programme will at least give them an option and informed choice to not continue their onward irregular migration. Therefore, the programme contributes to reducing human suffering that often is related to irregular migration.
The external evaluation, which is a mandatory requirement from the donor, will both serve external accountability as well as internal learning. It will have the following concrete objectives:
- to provide evidence-based findings and conclusions on the extent to which each of the programme outcomes have been achieved through the implementation of the project by the consortium members;
- to assess the extent to which (a) the project outputs have contributed to the intended outcomes and (b) the extent to which the project outcomes have contributed to the results framework Security & Rule of Law of MoFA. (Theory of Change validity);
- to assess the extent to which the project was implemented in accordance with the principle of adaptive programming as described in the project proposal;
- to provide lessons learned about what went well and what could have been done better in the implementation of the project;
- to identify potential programming areas for expansion or replication.
The lead consultant will develop and define the evaluation methodology and, if relevant, will take the methodology that was used during Baseline and Mid-term evaluations into account. To this end the consultant will produce an inception report. Finally the consultant will write a consolidated evaluation report and present the consolidated report to all relevant stakeholders. The lead consultant will also propose and coordinate a national evaluator in collaboration with responsible ZOA management. The local evaluator would be to manage field data collection through supervision and participating in field work.
If you are interested to be considered for this assignment, please send your CV and an Expression of Interest (EoI) to Peter Das at firstname.lastname@example.org and Joppe Hamelijnck at email@example.com with in the subject line EoI End-evaluation ARC Ethiopia. Questions regarding this assignment should be directed at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 19th of March COB. The deadline for submitting an Expression of Interest is Wednesday 24th of March, 11:59 pm CET 2021. Submissions that are received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please find more information about this vacancy and the selection procedure in the download below.