Partnerships and networks are essential at both the national and international level. ZOA usually enters into a broad variety of partnership arrangements in her programmes, with various organisations. Including local and international NGOs, local government agencies and knowledge networks. Collaboration with local and international NGOs helps ZOA to focus on its own expertise and experience, and to make optimal use of the capabilities of others.
ZOA cooperates with other NGOs wherever possible, proposing for funds, raising awareness among the public, sharing knowledge on implementation and security and in lobbying among policy makers. More on ZOA's vision on partnerships and capacity development you can read in our policy.
- ZOA is member of Integral Alliance
- ZOA is member of the Core Humanitarian Standard CHS
- Member of ICVA, International Council of Voluntary Agencies. A global network of NGOs that advocates for effective humanitarian action in UN-led humanitarian reform discussions (UNHCR, UNOCHA, IASC)
- ZOA has a special Consultative Status with ECOSOC, Economic Social Council of the UN
- ZOA is Observing member of ALNAP, Active learning Nework for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action
- ZOA is member of People inAid, an international, not-for-profit membership organisation
- ZOA is member of the Urban Refugees Platform
- Member of EU-CORD, a platform of 22 European Christian relief and development agencies
- Member of VOICE, Voluntary Organisations in Cooperation in Emergencies, a network representing 82 NGOs from 18 European countries, active in humanitarian aid worldwide
- Member of Partos - Association for Dutch NGO's working in international aid
- Member of Prisma - Association for Dutch Christian NGO's workig in international relief and cooperation
- Member of Goede Doelen Nederland - Branch Association for Dutch fundraising organisations
- Member of Agri-ProFocus (APF), a partnership of Dutch organisations and companies that promotes farmer entrepreneurship in developing countries
- ZOA participates in the Platform Humanitarian Action Netherlands, a platform of Dutch NGOs active in emergency relief
- Participating in IS-Academy on Human Security in Fragile States, a collaborative research project between Disaster Studies at the Wageningen University, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the five Dutch NGOs Cordaid, ICCO, Netherlands Red Cross, Oxfam Novib and ZOA
- ZOA is the lead agency of DCR - Dutch Consortium of Rehabiliation, consisting of ZOA, Save the Children Netherlands, CARE Nederland and HealthNet TPO, funded by the Dutch government, implementing programmes in six African countries for the period 2011-2015
- Together with Red een Kind and Woord en Daad, ZOA forms CDN, Consortium of Dutch NGOs working in Myanmar
- ZOA cooperates with Red een Kind, Dorcas, Woord en Daad and TEAR in a Dutch Emergency Relief Cluster of Christian NGOs
- ZOA organises with Woord en Daad the 'Be Fair' campaign, an awareness raising campaign at high schools on sustainability
- ZOA is member of the steering committee with Aqua for All, AKVO, Simavi and Amref Flying Doctors for organizing 'Walk for Water', a fundraising and awareness raising event in Dutch primary schools
- ZOA has Memos of Understanding with World Renew (Canada/USA), Medair (Switzerland), Stromme Foundation (Norway) and CASA (India).